Audit Scotland and Voluntary Health Scotland recently jointly facilitated two online focus groups as part of Audit Scotland’s ongoing performance audit of adult mental health services in Scotland. The Scottish Community Link Worker Network invited members to join us on the 1oth and 15th of November 2022.
Each of the focus groups were attended by a small number of members of the Scottish Community Link Worker Network. This provided link workers an opportunity to share their experiences of helping people access mental health services, and contribute to the ongoing improvement of adult mental health services in Scotland.
Some of the topics covered included:
- Participants experiences of helping people to access timely and appropriate mental health support, and the challenges they face in doing so.
- People’s experience of being able to find the right type of support for people when they need it.
- Steps that could be taken to improve adult mental health services in Scotland.
- The impact of Covid and the cost-of-living crisis on people’s mental health and the availability and delivery of mental health services,
- The mental health and wellbeing of Community Link Workers and the support available to them.
Findings from the two focus groups will contribute to Audit Scotland’s final report expected to be published in June 2023. More information about the audit can be found here.
Please contact Findlay Smith if you have any questions.