We are the national intermediary and network for voluntary health organisations in Scotland. Our vision is a healthier, fairer Scotland served by a thriving voluntary health sector. Our mission is to improve people’s health and wellbeing by providing an effective national network for voluntary health organisations. We work with our members and others to address health inequalities, to improve health related policy, systems and partnership working, and to help people and communities to live healthier and fairer lives.
Our members are small and large, national and local. We welcome new members, so why not join us now.
Member organisations work to improve health and address inequalities in communities, support people affected by illness and disability, and enable the voice of individuals and communities to be heard by policy makers. Their work includes:
- Provision of health and social care services
- Community led health improvement
- Self-management of health conditions
- Peer support and volunteering
- Research, advocacy and campaigning
VHS a registered Scottish charity (SC035482) and a company limited by guarantee (SC267315). We are supported by the Scottish Government and NHS Health Scotland.
We are led by our Board of Directors and have a small staff team in Edinburgh. See who we are.
- VHS Strategy 2018 -2021
- Annual Report 2016-17
- Report & Financial Statements Year Ended 31 March 2017
- Memorandum of Association
- Articles of Association as revised 26 November 2009