We are the national intermediary and network for voluntary health organisations in Scotland. Our purpose is to create a healthier, fairer Scotland served by a thriving voluntary health sector. We aim to amplify the voice and influence of the voluntary health sector and to promote strong and equal partnership between the voluntary and statutory health sectors. We work to influence the evidence base for health policy and practice and to improve law, policy and systems to deliver better solutions for Scotland’s health challenges.
The VHS Three Year Strategy 2022-25 sets out our vision and strategic priorities for the current three years.
Read more here about what we do.
Our members are small and large, national and local. We welcome new members, so apply to join us now if you are a voluntary health organisation and:
- You want to develop solutions to Scotland’s health challenges
- You share our values
- You want to be part of a powerful network
- You thrive on collaboration
- You are inspired by new learning, ideas and connections
- You need help to access and understand health policy
- You want to participate in inspiring events
- You want us to engage with your work
- You need a platform for your voice to be heard
Member organisations work to improve health and address inequalities in communities, support people affected by illness and disability, and enable the voice of individuals and communities to be heard by policy makers. Their work includes:
- Provision of health and social care services
- Community led health improvement
- Self-management of health conditions
- Peer support and volunteering
- Research, advocacy and campaigning
VHS a registered Scottish charity (SC035482) and a company limited by guarantee (SC267315). We receive financial support from the Scottish Government to help do our work.
We are led by our Board of Directors/Trustees and have a small staff team in Edinburgh. See who we are.