VHS is the national intermediary and network for voluntary health organisations in Scotland. We work with our members and others to address health inequalities, to improve health related policy, systems and partnership working, and to help people and communities live healthier and fairer lives.
Our members range from large national charities to small community groups and individuals. Our membership includes specialist health charities, but also community and grassroots organisations whose work supports people’s health and wellbeing, and third sector interfaces.
- Monthly e-bulletins and regular e-alerts
- Programme of events – round tables, conferences and workshops
- Access to networking, knowledge and ideas exchanges
- Opportunity to join our Health Policy Officers Network
- Access to consultations and influencing opportunities
- Scope to promote your own activities, events and campaigns
- Voting rights and opportunity for election to VHS Board (full members only)
We welcome new members, so join us now if you are a voluntary health organisation and:
- You want to develop solutions to Scotland’s health challenges
- You share our values
- You want to be part of a powerful network
- You thrive on collaboration
- You are inspired by new learning, ideas and connections
- You need help to access and understand health policy
- You want to participate in inspiring events
- You want us to engage with your work
- You need a platform for your voice to be heard
Full membership is open to any voluntary organisation concerned with improving health or health care. Associate membership is open to any non-voluntary organisation or individual concerned with improving health or health care. We currently have 167 full members and 260 associate members.
See our list of full members.