This website (“the Site”) is provided by Voluntary Health Scotland, (company number SC267315 having our registered office at 18 York Place, Edinburgh EH1 3EP (“we” or “us”). We are recognised by the Inland Revenue as a Scottish Charity. Use of the website is governed by these terms and conditions. By using our site, you are deemed to have accepted the terms. If you do not agree to our terms, you may not use the Site.
Any breach of the Terms and Conditions may, at our sole discretion, result in your rights to access the Site being suspended or removed.
The contents of the pages on our Site are provided for general information only and are provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. Nothing on this Site is or shall be deemed to constitute advice covering any specific situation. Information on this Site is subject to change at any time without notice. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms (express or implied). Specifically, we make no warranties, representations or undertakings about:
- any of the content of the Site (including, without limitation, any as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness or fitness for purpose of such content; or
- the availability or continuous operation of the Site; or
- the Site (or any information downloaded from it) being free from errors, defects, viruses, worms, trojan horses or other malicious programs or macros.
Any reference to any third party products or services on this Site is for information purposes only and we make no recommendation as to the suitability of such products or services.
The views, expressions and opinions appearing on the interactive portion of the Site are the views, expressions and opinions of the contributors to our site and are not the views, expressions and opinions of us as operator of the Site. We are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on the Site, and we hereby advise you that we do not actively oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on the Site.
As we do not actively oversee, monitor or moderate our interactive services, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org should a concern or difficulty arise.
We accept no liability for any claims, penalties, loss, damage or expenses howsoever arising from: any reliance placed on the content of the Site; the use or inability to use the Site; the downloading of any materials from the Site; or any unauthorised access to or alteration to the Site. This clause shall not exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
Third Party Websites
This Site contains links to websites operated by third parties (“Third Party Websites”). We do not control Third Party Websites and are not responsible for their content. You link to such sites at your own risk and you are responsible for taking your own precautions to ensure that such sites are free from errors, defects, viruses, worms, trojan horses or other malicious programs or macros. The inclusion of links on our Site does not imply any endorsement or approval of any information, materials, products or services on such Third Party Websites or any association with their operators.
The content of this Site (including, but not limited to all text and artwork) is protected by copyright. The copyright is owned by us or is otherwise licensed from a third party for use by us.
Material may be downloaded or copied for personal use only. You may not make alterations or additions to the material on this site or sell it or make any commercial use of it whatsoever or misuse it in any way. If you want to republish or reproduce the material for any other reason or otherwise use it for commercial purposes, you must contact us for our permission.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to the Site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards which apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right, trade mark or other intellectual property right of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Be used for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- Contain any unauthorised advertising or promotional materials.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of the content standards through your use of the Site. When a breach of the content standards has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate, including:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to the Site.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of these terms and conditions. The responses described in these terms and conditions are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
While we endeavour to ensure that the Site is normally available 24 hours a day, we shall not be liable if for any reason the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Access to the Site may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance, or repair or for reasons beyond our control.