Voluntary health organisations are key players in the transformation of public services and in the shift towards prevention and early intervention. The changing policy environment is both an opportunity and a challenge for voluntary health organisations.
This one day taster programme is designed to support you to work collaboratively and in partnership with other organisations and the public sector. You will use an interactive approach to apply what you learn to your own situation.
You will gain insight into:
- Opportunities and challenges of working with statutory health bodies
- Strategic questions to prepare for partnerships
- Practical skills for developing successful partnerships
Who it is for
Senior managers and leaders in voluntary health organisations in Scotland that are seeking to grow and develop better partnerships with the public sector, whether in an influencing role or service delivery basis.
Applications from small and medium voluntary health organisations are particularly welcome.
Learning to Lead in Health has been developed as a partnership between Voluntary Health Scotland, with its experience in the voluntary health sector, and the Social Enterprise Academy with its expertise in leadership learning.
This taster programme has been tailored to meet the specific needs of the voluntary health sector. A full 10 day leadership programme will run between January – November 2014.
Key learning outcomes:
- Share knowledge about challenges and opportunities in the Scottish health sector
- Explore examples of successful partnerships through the engagement matrix
- Increase awareness of your strengths and skills to work well with the public sector
- Consider your next steps in learning to lead in health
Venue & Timing
Arrive: 9.30am for a 10am start, ends 4pm
Glasgow | October 29 | Venue TBC
Edinburgh | November 14 | Venue TBC
3rd sector voluntary health organisations: No cost
Non-third sector: £50
The programme is funded by the Scottish Government.
More Information & How to Apply
0131 474 6187 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Caroline St Johnston
0131 243 2696 | email@example.com