On 13 October 2014, Voluntary Health Scotland and Age Scotland jointly delivered the last seminar in the Unequal Lives, Unjust Deaths series of events to consider health inequalities and later life.
The event focused on health inequalities and later life, examining later life poverty and low income, social isolation, and health and social support. It also looked at the third sector contribution to preventing, reducing and undoing these health inequalities.
The seminar received presentations from the following speakers:
- Daryll Archibald , Scottish Collaboration for Public Health Research & Policy
- Richard Lyall, Scottish Government
- Nigel Sargent, Volunteer Centre Borders – Galashiels Men’s Shed
- Anne Grindley, Contact the Elderly – Scotland projects – Fast Facts Oct 2013
- Aidan Collins, HIV Scotland
Read the full report from the event here – Health Inequalities and Later Life Event Report – 13 October 2014