Wednesday 27th February, Glasgow SECC at The SCVO Gathering, 1pm – 4.30pm
Remember to register for this FREE collaborative event and to let your own networks know about it!
Voluntary Health Scotland is working with the Scottish Government, Health Boards, SCVO and other national intermediary bodies to develop an engagement framework designed to improve how health and the third sector work together. The event on 27th February is part of this initiative. As policy makers and health boards wrestle with how to improve Scotland’s health and address the vast gap in health inequalities, what needs to happen to engage the third sector more effectively in preventative approaches? What opportunities and challenges does the proposed integration of adult health and social care offer our sector? Challenges include how to reduce demand for acute services, how to support people to take control of their own health and social care outcomes, how to ensure people and communities are involved in the design and delivery of services.
The event will be delivered in three parts – register to attend the full afternoon or individual sessions:
Session One – 1pm – 2.30 pm: Keynote Address by Derek Feeley, Director of NHS Scotland and Director General of Scottish Government Health and Social Care. Preview of City Health Conference November 2013, with Professor Gerry Stimson. Discussion panel chaired by Audrey Birt, The Health and Social Care Alliance Scotland (the ALLIANCE) with:
Derek Feeley – NHS Scotland/Scottish Government
Martin Cawley – Coalition of Care and Support Providers in Scotland (CCPS)
Martin Sime – SCVO
Ian Welsh – the ALLIANCE
Session Two – 2.30pm-3.30pm: World Cafe Facilitated Discussions – what’s hot in health and social care & what it means for the third sector.
Discussion themes & contributors include:
- Joint Strategic Commissioning – Tony Homer, Joint Improvement Team; Kim Wallace, Senscot
- Technology developments – Gavin Bell, MILO and contributors (tbc) on ALISS and NHS 24
- Capacity building – Lucy McTernan, SCVO; Jaqui Reid, the ALLIANCE Change Fund team; Gareth Allen, Scottish Government Third Sector Unit
- Workforce development – CCPS contributor tbc
- Outcomes – Fee Hodgkiss, Scottish Government; Evaluation Support Scotland contributor tbc; IRISS contributor tbc
- Policy & innovation – Shelley Gray, the ALLIANCE; Professor Gerry Stimson, City Health International; Lynn Williams, SCVO
- Engagement & supporting partnership – Claire Tester, Scottish Government; VAS contributor TBC; NHS Board Third Sector Lead contributor tbc
Session Three – 3.30pm-4.30pm: Participative workshop – new tools and developments to help improve engagement between the third sector and health boards.
Selina Ross, Chief Officer at West Dunbartonshire Community and Volunteering Service
Sandra Cairney, Head of Planning and Health Improvement at East Dunbartonshire Community Health Partnership