Voluntary Health Scotland and the Scottish Community Link Worker Network are currently conducting research to map the range of Community Link Worker (CLW) projects across Scotland and learn more about the impact they have in their communities. As part of this research, we are conducting a short online survey to learn more about the experiences of CLWs working in primary care settings across Scotland.
What are we trying to find out?
The research aims to capture information from and about the range of Community Link Worker Programmes across Scotland. We intend to gain a better understanding of the structure of these programmes, the type of services they provide, who they are provided for, the impact that they have within their communities, and how this is monitored and evaluated.
Why is it important?
We currently do not have a comprehensive understanding of:
- The number and distribution of CLW programmes and CLWs across Scotland.
- The organisational structure and design of CLW programmes including funding arrangements, organisational structures, programme design and delivery.
- How people engage with CLWs, the issues they seek support for, and the types of services provided.
- How CLW programmes monitor implementation and evaluate impact and effectiveness.
This makes it difficult to capture the collective impact that CLWs have.
By participating in this research, you will:
- Assist the Scottish Community Link Worker Network in functioning as a forum for peer-to-peer learning through mapping the range of CLWs across Scotland and gathering information on how these programmes are structured and implemented in different regions.
- Contribute towards the development of an evidence base regarding the collective impact of link working on public health, healthcare systems (particularly Primary Care), and health inequalities.
- Help shape our policy engagement with Scottish Government on Community Link Working at a national level.
How do I take part?
To complete the online survey, click here. Please note, the survey is specifically intended for Community Link Workers embedded within primary care settings in Scotland.
The survey will close at 5pm on Tuesday 28th February. Thank you to the CLWs who have completed it already! By taking part you have the opportunity to be entered into a prize draw for a £25 book token.
For more information about the survey or other ongoing research please contact our Policy and Research Officer, Findlay.