Changing Support, Changing Lives is a three year project to help service providers get better at delivering self directed support. Self directed support is a way of giving people more choice and control over the services they use.
Different organisations are involved including: Scottish Consortium for Learning Disability (SCLD), ENABLE Scotland, In Control Scotland, LTCAS and Institute for Research and Innovation in Social Sciences (IRISS).
People who use services should be involved in developing this project. We want to set up a group to do this. The group will:
- Learn about self directed support
- Learn about the Changing Support Changing Lives Project
- Give their views about the project as it goes along
- Make sure the views of people that use services and carers influence the way the project develops
- Take part in evaluating and monitoring Changing Support, Changing Lives
LTCAS are looking for members for the new reference group to develop this project. This includes people with long term conditions who use social work services, carers and professionals.
To find out what difference you could make, what skills and qualities you need and how you will be supported to take part, please go to the LTCAS website, where you can also download the application form.