The purposes for which VHS was established in 2004 were and remain wholly and exclusively charitable. We are registered with OSCR as a Scottish Charity (SC267315). Check our details in the Scottish Charity Register here.
Our registered charitable purposes are:
The advancement of health, the advancement of education, the advancement of citizenship and community development, and the relief of those in need, through:
- The provision of an effective network for voluntary health organisations; Working for sustainable improvements in health and social care services, health improvement and public health;
- Working to prevent, mitigate and reduce health inequalities, including through education and awareness-raising about the underlying causes of such inequalities, including poverty and discrimination;
- Supporting voluntary health organisations to improve their knowledge, understanding and skills to engage with health related priorities, policy, systems, personnel and partnerships;
- Promoting the voluntary health sector’s role, expertise and evidence to a wide audience;
- Working to make effective collaboration and partnerships on health related matters between the public and voluntary health sectors normal and valued.
We are governed by our Board members, who serve as Trustees and Directors in a voluntary capacity for which they are not remunerated. Board member profiles are available on our Who We Are page.
We are registered as a company limited by guarantee with Companies House and are governed by our Articles of Association. We are wholly non-profit making and non-profit distributing, and our Annual Accounts are publically available.
- VHS Report and Financial Statements Year Ending 31 March 2020
- VHS Strategy 2018 – 21
- ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION