- This event has passed.
The Role of Culture in the Health & Wellbeing of Older People “With Age, Art and Life Become One”
19/05/2021 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
This is a Arts Culture Health & Wellbeing Scotland event.
With a title inspired by a quotation from Georges Braque, at this event we will explore the role arts and culture play in the health, wellbeing and care of older people whether they live independently or in residential/nursing care and for those who are in hospital.
Older people’s lives have been significantly affected by Covid-19, not least the distressing levels of social isolation and loneliness very many have endured for over 12 months. The removal of much appreciated activities, human contact and services have taken their toll physically, mentally and spiritually on our older population. How have arts and culture interventions made a difference during these difficult days, what challenges have been faced, and how can the lessons learned help shape the recovery and renewal of services for the future? What can the arts, culture and care sectors share and learn from one another about compassionate, person-centred and enabling care? What do we mean by art and life becoming one, with age? Join the conversation to find out.
- Claire Stevens, Chief Executive, Voluntary Health Scotland
- Robbie McGhee, Chair of Arts, Culture, Health and Wellbeing Scotland and Associate Director, Art in Hospital
- Donald Macaskill, Chief Executive, Scottish Care
- Anne Gallacher, Director, Luminate
- Barbara McEwan-Gulliver, Artistic Director, Art in Hospital
- Joe Traynor, Head of Museums Development, Museums Galleries Scotland
- Leesa Mackintosh, Community Link Worker & Alison Leitch, Community Link Worker, Area Lead, North Edinburgh
Please contact Lauren Blair at VHS with any questions about this event.
Find out more about Arts Culture Health & Wellbeing Scotland here : www.achws.org
Why not follow ACHWS on Facebook and Twitter @achwscotland
Join the Arts Culture Health & Wellbeing Scotland network for free here https://achws.org/join-us