- This event has passed.
VHS at the Gathering 2020: Shaping Primary Care for the next generation in rural Scotland
19/02/2020 @ 11:45 am - 12:45 pm
The Scottish Government’s vision for the future of primary care is for multi-disciplinary teams, made up of a variety of health professionals, working together to support people in their community and to give GPs more time to spend with patients in specific need of their expertise. But what does this mean in a rural context, and what role does the rural third and community sector have to play in helping transform primary care? Rural Scotland has a growing elderly population, increasing demand for treatment and care, a dispersed population and challenges associated with the workforce supply for health and social care – all combining to have an impact on primary care services.
- How to put general practice and primary care at the heart of the healthcare system in rural Scotland
- How to ensure people needing care are more informed and empowered, have access to the right person at the right time, and can remain living at home where possible.
This workshop will be of particular interest to voluntary and community health organisations and third sector interfaces. It is a collaboration between Voluntary Health Scotland and the Scottish Rural Health Partnership.
Our Event Speakers:
- Ailsa Villegas, Senior Health Development Officer- Green Health, NHS Highland
- Dr Sarah Ann Munoz, Reader in Rural Health and Wellbeing – Division of Rural Health and Wellbeing, University of the Highlands and Islands
- Martine Scott, Programme Manager – Scottish Rural Medicine Collaborative (recruitment and retention of rural healthcare workers)
- Dan Shaw, Chief Executive at Aberdeenshire Voluntary Action
- Allyson McCollam, Chair, Voluntary Health Scotland