- This event has passed.
Physiotherapy Works: Social Care
17/06/2014 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy Scotland extends a warm invitation to VHS members to attend an evening reception hosted by Duncan McNeil MSP in the Burns Room of the Scottish Parliament, Tuesday 17 June 2014 at 6pm, to launch ‘Physiotherapy Works: Social Care’ .
This event will give you the opportunity to find out more about the role of physiotherapy in social care and how the profession can work to deliver the outcomes for improved services. It will also provide a chance to network with colleagues and friends from across health and social care in Scotland.
▪ Shared Vision Physiotherapy and social care professionals have a shared vision for services which prevent deterioration, promote and improve physical, mental health and wellbeing, encourage directed self-management and build people’s confidence, independence and life chances.
▪ Health and Social Care Integration With legislation in place to better integrate health and social care in Scotland, professionals in both sectors now need to address the cultural and structural challenges and gain a better insight into the role and value of each sector and extend engagement beyond the traditional working environment.
▪ Increasing Service Demand With the ageing population, and increasing numbers of people with long term conditions, demand for health and social care services will continue to rise. Expenditure is not keeping pace with demand and people’s independence and wellbeing are at risk. Physiotherapy can deliver cost effective change to more integrated, co-ordinated and effective community services, focused on prevention, early intervention and rehabilitation, enabling people to live well for longer with reduced need for care and support.
If you wish to attend, please advise Marie Logan email@example.com by Friday 6th June, giving your name, title and organisation.
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Event Category:
- Health and/or social care event
- The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy Scotland
- View Organiser Website