- This event has passed.
Loneliness: A threat to Scotland’s Health
Join us at VHS’s Annual Conference and AGM, to examine the damage that protracted loneliness causes to both physical and mental health, ask what difference a national strategy can make, and explore a range of third sector interventions making a difference on the ground. We welcome delegates from all sectors and disciplines.
Thursday 24th November 2016, The Roxburghe Hotel, 38 Charlotte Square, Edinburgh EH2 4HQ
Conference Chair: Carolyn Sawers, Head of Policy and Learning Scotland, Big Lottery Fund
- Dr Catherine Calderwood, Chief Medical Officer for Scotland
- Dr Andrew Fraser, Director of Public Health Science, NHS Health Scotland
- James Jopling, Executive Director for Scotland, Samaritans
- Pete White, Chief Executive, Positive Prison? Positive Futures
- Marie Hayes, Operations Director, British Red Cross
- Mark Hazelwood, Chief Executive, Scottish Partnership for Palliative Care
- Paul Okroj, Head of Volunteering, Chest Heart & Stroke Scotland
- Professor Tom Scharf, Social Gerontology, Institute of Health and Society, Newcastle University
- Liz May, National Co-ordinator, Action for Sick Children Scotland
- Claire Stevens, Chief Officer, Voluntary Health Scotland
Email Lauren Blair 0r phone 0131 474 6190 with any questions.
Sponsors, Exhibitors and Partners
Book your place: Visit the booking page