NHS Health Scotland – Annual Review 2014
Tuesday, 30 September 2014: 10am to 3pm
The Hub, Castlehill, Edinburgh, EH1 2AE
At our Annual Review and stakeholder engagement event, we will be covering the performance of NHS Health Scotland during the 2013/14 financial year and asking our stakeholders for their views on our future plans.
The review will be chaired by Margaret Burns CBE, Chair of NHS Health Scotland and will include a panel of five key stakeholders who will constructively challenge us on our performance over the year. The stakeholder panel is:
- Panel Chair – Ian Welsh – Chief Executive, The Alliance
- Dr Aileen Keel – Acting Chief Medical Officer, Scottish Government
- Dr Sarah Taylor – Director of Public Health, NHS Shetland
- Rory Mair – Chief Executive, COSLA
- Ian Ross – Chief Executive, NHS Lanarkshire
Whilst the event provides an opportunity to review the year’s achievements and the progress made in tackling health inequalities, it is also an opportunity for our partners and wider stakeholders to engage with us on how we can work together to achieve ‘A Fairer Healthier Scotland’.
The themes we will be exploring at the event are:
- The health of the working age population- including our work on welfare reform and ‘good work’
- Community Planning Partnerships and the Inequalities Action Group – including the role of our Policy Review for the Ministerial Task Force on health inequalities in this work
- Supporting the NHS to reduce health inequalities and improve health – including the Health Promoting Health Service and key publications.
NHS Health Scotland highly values stakeholder involvement so please register your interest in attending via firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 19 September.