VHS at The Gathering 2020: Demonstrating Third Sector Impact on Inequalities
20/02/2020 @ 9:30 am - 10:30 am
This interactive workshop will present a model to measure the third sector’s contribution to addressing inequalities, in particular health inequalities. The model (co-produced by national and local voluntary and community health organisations and commissioners) aims to support third sector organisations to explain, measure and prove their contribution to tackling inequalities. The longer term aim is to support local authorities, NHS boards and Public Health Scotland to have a clearer, evidence based understanding of the third sector’s contribution to tackling inequalities, through the creation and use of a meaningful measurement tool.
The workshop is relevant to:
- anyone seeking to understand the value of the sectors interventions which aren’t necessarily “health focused” but help to contribute to tackling health inequalities
- third sector organisations looking for support to explain to funders and partners more concretely how their work impacts on inequalities
- funders and commissioners wanting to understand how best to understand and measure the third sector’s contribution to tackling inequalities.
This workshop is a collaboration between three members of the Inequalities Learning Collaborative: VHS, Evaluation Support Scotland (ESS) and CHEX (Community Health Exchange), with additional support from NHS Health Scotland.
Tea, coffee and biscuits will be available.
- Claire Stevens, Chief Executive, Voluntary Health Scotland
- Nicola Swan, Evaluation Support Manager, Evaluation Support Scotland
- Susan Paxton, Head of Programmes: Community-led Health and Networking CHEX
- Rebecca Haack, Healthy n Happy Community Development Trust
Please contact Lauren Blair with any queries about this event.