We are the leading UK charity for people with autism (including Asperger syndrome) and their families. With the help of our members, supporters and volunteers we provide information, support and pioneering services, and campaign for a better world for people with autism.
Around 700,000 people in the UK have autism. Together with their families they make up over 2.7 million people whose lives are touched by autism every single day. From good times to challenging times, The National Autistic Society is there at every stage, to help transform the lives of everyone living with autism.
We are proud of the difference we make.
We want a world where all people living with autism get to lead the life they choose. This means a world where everyone living with autism:
- gets the support, education and training they need
- lives with dignity and as independently as possible
- feels part of their community and wider society
- is understood by all professionals who support them
- is respected for who they are by a knowledgeable public.
109 Hope Street
Phone: 0141 221 8090
Charity no: SCO39427